A proper desk lamp is apparently able to be a long-term friend for your work commitment. Desk lamps are specifically designed to provide you with proper illumination and give focused light for a variety of tasks, so they are very task-oriented, alright! Choosing a new lamp may, initially, sound like a simple task to perform but that turns out not to be the case. If you don’t be aware of the basic rules of thumps, there is likely that you will soon give up, as the lighting market is such an overwhelming world. Therefore, let me show you the list consisting of the top 5 of the best halogen desk lamps for your consideration to be a lot easier.
- 1 Top 5 best halogen desk lamps for your need
- 2 Why do you need a halogen desk lamp?
- 3 Best LED table lamps FAQs
Top 5 best halogen desk lamps for your need
Top 1: TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
- Wonderfully gentle on the eyes: Generally, people are hesitant to choose flicker light as it causes eye strain and loads of other vision-related problems, but you can basically feel safe when buying this product, as it is ideal for reading, working, or studying in the dark with flicker-free light.
- Endless lighting: Life inherently sounds mundane and repetitive for introverts, but now, even if you consider yourself introverted, you can still feel better to some degree, with a unique combination of 5 color modes as well as 7 brightness levels. A range of color modes changes when your mood needs and, likewise, various brightness levels ensure multiple tasks to be as smooth as possible.
- Functional USB charging port: If you frequently have to make use of lamps, chances are sometimes their low battery gets on your nerves. However, without a USB charging port, no way around that problem but whether to stop working or letting the battery run out soon. From now on, with a functional USB charging port, you no longer have to compromise lighting for charging time anymore. Just enjoy it within your reach.
- Adjustable: There comes the freedom to cast the perfect spotlight for your task to be concentrated. It is actually easy for the lamp to illuminate a chosen space without much effort.
- It is a bit more expensive than its opponents with the same quality.
- Space-saving: There is a likelihood that most of us don’t like a lamp taking too much room in living space or office corners. If you belong to the group of the crowds, you should think about using this product, since it is suitable for every use in either home or office without much space being taken, surely.
- Contemporary style: My wife at first opposed buying the lamp as having a glance at the description, but after I showed her the picture of it, things changed minute-by-minute. She extremely loved the contemporary style and both of us felt it was highly compatible with our furniture and general decoration inside the house. After 10 minutes of much consideration, we got it right away!
- Black matte finish and adjustable shade: Black always brings us elegance and mystery, in general, it adores the entire decoration of an apartment for sure. With a black matte finish and adjustable shade, you get both in one product, these are aesthetics and adjustability.
- The bulb for the lamp attached when arrives is so unique that nowhere to be found, hence, it is sort of tough when it comes to bulb replacement.
- Multiple lighting modes and brightness levels: Different periods of time in a day need distinguished lighting modes so that the lamp can work to the best of its function, right? The same rule of thumb also applies to brightness levels. I am certain that you can be free of concern as both of which can be available in this product.
- Eye-caring: Do you know that artists never sacrifice eye health for lighting? That’s actually true, they value health over anything else, as it forms creativity. You also should be like artists, but don’t worry about that much, because this lamp can offer you brightness with eye care at the same time for non-flickering, non-ghosting, and even anti-blue light.
- Sensitive touch control and memory function: A touch-sensitive panel enables you to take control over power, various brightness levels, and even lighting modes to suit your constantly-changing mood all day long, just with a simple touch of your fingers. Other than that, the smart memory function also remembers the latest brightness to fill you with convenience at once.
- The customer service is not actually up to par, as you every now and then receive a late response for whatever you claim.
- Multiple-use: Aside from its primary function to provide the lamp with energy, a built-in USB outlet port phone also plays a key role in charging smart cell phones as well. Additionally, due to its size and flexibility, the lamp can be a friend in your house without taking too much room, meaning you can save space for another use. Is this one stone that kills two birds?
- Energy-saving: As ideal as the functionality is, if the product costs an arm and a leg regarding energy consumption, chances are you will not be interested. However, this one is both functional and energy-saving, it can aid you in saving up to 65% energy use.
- Widely applicable: Compatible with various places, from home, office, college dorm to hotel, hostels, it features basic styles for all ages, which means you literally can use the lamp as a gift for beloved people.
- Some customers complain about the burning plastic while the lamp is on, even though it is nothing but the smell only.
- Adjustable: With an adjustable arm and lamp holder, you basically are able to change the angle freely for the best view while performing tasks, or even just to meet different needs for many people, for example.
- Multiple options: With warm light, off and white light, you can choose from that range for the best experience, alright, these sound like a cliche? Actually, it is not a unique feature of the product, but it is worth being mentioned also.
- Safe for use: Are there children in your apartment? Don’t be concerned with this as such, because it is designed on the basis of a safety guarantee, meaning that the lamp never hurts your little kids when indeliberately tip over.
- Eye-protecting design: This sturdy reading lamp offers a relaxing lighting environment for the eyes since it is eye-friendly in terms of soft lighting avoiding flicker.
- Occasionally, the product arrives broken already, maybe due to the delivery process, I guess so.
Why do you need a halogen desk lamp?
LED lights are primarily designed for efficiency and it thus consumes less energy than any other type of lamp. It’s affordable and also available at low rates as well. Halogen especially needs less electricity to operate. Thus, it will save money by generating fewer electricity bills. Also, LED lamps to help to reduce the labor cost as well as maintenance cost in commercial circumstances as they don’t need to replace the bulbs constantly.
Halogen desk lamps emit light in a specific direction, while the others generally emit light and heat in all directions that are possible. These directional lighting and heating abilities reduce the waste of light and energy that can be used for a whole lot of things.
No UV Emissions
Halogen lights do not use a lead and Mercury like some other standard lights. It produces less carbon than the formers as well. So, thinking of using a halogen LED lamp is safer and better for the environment as sure as hell. LED lights basically do not emit UV or infrared too. Even, the LED doesn’t feature the hazardous filament easy to break. So, they are not only environmentally friendly but also safe for your health also.
Generate less heat
Halogen LEDs produce very little heat in comparison to other bulbs. If you have to work for a long time under a lamp with a conventional bulb, you may get a headache or other issues in your eyes in the light of the heat generated by the light. Because of this generated heat, some people have a tendency to lose their concentration at work. Yet, if you use halogen light in your lamp, you will not feel bad as this kind of LED does not produce much heat like other bulbs for sure.
Unique and awesome design choices
Led desk lamps are on offer in a variety of styles, colors, and designs as much. So, you will feel free to find the perfect style suiting your needs. It will fit almost anywhere in the room and simultaneously enhance the home decorative style. Most of the modern halogen LED desk lamps feature touch-sensitive base controls for easier and more convenient use.
On account of the small size and directional light output, it gives you the freedom to redesign it in any way. Those lamps are becoming more creative to offer unique designs without compromising the functionality.
A halogen LED desk lamp offers very bright as well as clear light in a single direction, helping to make improvements for visual accuracy. They provide whitish color light tantamount to daylight, which is better than any conventional desk lamp.
Dimmers take control over the light intensity and immediately adjust the light brightness level. Now-a-day most modern desk lamps feature the dimmable function. Hence, you can easily control the light brightness and change the right brightness level exactly as per your need for reading, writing, or other activities as well.
Best LED table lamps FAQs
Have you understood the right use of desk lamps?
A desk lamp is generally a portable task light sitting on a desk or table with a view to providing targeted illumination for completing tasks like the following range: computer work, reading, writing, or drafting, crafting, and bookkeeping, and of course for painting. Desk lamps offer adjustable illumination to make sure that you get task visibility and ergonomic comfort.
How does a halogen light bulb work?
A halogen lamp works similarly to an incandescent lamp, with one striking exception: The halogen cycle, only. In a common incandescent lamp, tungsten minute-by-minute evaporates from the burning filament. This causes the lamp to blacken, which then decreases light output and at the same time reduces life.
Halogen lamps are potentially able to address this problem in the sense that the halogen gas reacts chemically with the evaporated tungsten to fundamentally keep it from affixing to the glass. Some tungsten is alternatively returned to the filament, serving to increase the rated life of the lamp also. Because the temperature that is required for this reaction is typically higher than an incandescent bulb, halogen lamps normally must be manufactured using quartz.