Today, most students spend most of their time sitting in front of a computer for studying. According to mentioned information on the website MedCrave, in the age group 5- 15 years old, nearly 1% of all worldwide children suffer from refractive errors. Therefore, equipping the best desk lamp plays a very important role in having a good reading environment for kids and saving electricity costs for families. So, this is a concern of many parents. How can we choose a perfect desk lamp for our children? Let’s discover some best kid desk lamps now!
- 1 Top 5 best kid desk lamps you should buy
- 2 Why do we need to choose a suitable desk lamp for kids?
- 3 How to choose the best kid lamps?
- 4 Best kid desk lamps FAQs
Top 5 best kid desk lamps you should buy
With a delicate combination of sizes, styles, features, needs, and preferences suitable for many different ages, Neporal LED Desk Lamp has become the most popular choice for many parents for their kids. Besides, with its smart and unique design, it is recognized as the top for the benefit of eye-friendliness.
- Touch control 3 brightness dimming: The kids are able to switch from low to high brightness by simply touch on the ON/OFF button.
- USB Rechargeable: The light comes with a USB charging cable built-in 2000mAh battery. You can use it until 40 hours whilst it is only charged around 2 hours.
- Equipped with round PC lampshade: This design is beneficial to eye-protection
- Three different levels of brightness: The highlight feature of this desk lamp is equipped with three different levels of brightness. This function is beneficial to use for different environments and times that you can adjust suitable light for eyes.
- Multi-use Container: With a multi-use container, the kids are able to put their accessories to make the table look tidier and cuter and save much more space on the desk.
- Anti-slip design: Four non-slip silicone pads on the bottom are designed to hold the lamp and avoid falling off the desk.
- Cute rabbit appearance: The interesting design of this lamp comes from the cute rabbit appearance. Thus, it is usually preferred by girl students. Also, the light body is made of softer material for safe use and easy to rotate 360° in order to adjust the light direction and angle of the light.
- Light source: 15 LEDs
- Battery: 3.7V / 2000mAh
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Charging Time: 2-4 hours
- Color Temperature: 4500K
- Weight: 12 oz
- Run Time: 4 hrs (high), 10 hrs (medium), 40 hrs (low)
- Material: Aluminum alloy, ABS plastic
Minus points: For sure, with this rabbit appearance design, this best kid best lamps is not chosen by many boy students. Also, we cannot use it without a rechargeable battery
- Touch-Sensitive Control Pane: The touch function will help to keep silent when you turn on/off the lights compared to traditional lamps with buttons.
- Three color modes : The desk lamp JKSWT is able to adjust three different color brightness including 10%, 60%, and 100%, respectively, and color temperature from 3000k to 6000k including natural light, warm white, and cool white, respectively. This function meets different light needs and conditions for users.
- Eye-Protection: With its smart design, the lamp creates a soft and natural light, does not cause dizziness when used.
- Memory Function allows to member the color temperature and brightness of your last time.
- Clamp: The highlight feature of this lamp is designed with a clamp on the bottom. The users can clip it to a computer, a desk, headboard, etc. and it can also be placed steadily on a flat surface.
- Lifetime warranty
- Low Energy Consumption
- 360 ° Flexible function allows users to adjust the direction and angle of light.
- The appearance design is so simple, like almost desk lamps.
- Light source type: LED
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Shade Material: Plastic
- Driver Input: 100-240V,50Hz
- Control Mode: Touch Switch Driver
- Output: 5V DC Max 1000MA Lamp
- Power Consumption: 6W
- What’s in the Box: 1 x LED Desk Lamp (Model: HD1941) 1 x Driver with Cable 1 x Instruction Manual
Minus points: The appearance design is so simple, not attractive.
Mafiti LED Desk lamp has three kinds of design including cycle, flower, and clip size. Three kinds have different functions as well. We can distinguish and make a comparison as table following:
||Touch control||Touch control|
||Clamp: the users can clip it to a computer, a desk, headboard, etc. and it can also be placed steadily on a flat surface.
|Appearance||Multicolor||Pink and Flower||White|
|Minus points||We cannot use it without a charged battery||N/A||N/A|
OCCOPA Kids Lamps has three different colors (pink/yellow/red) and designs. Let’s look at some features of this best kid desk lamps.
- Touch control
- Light flexible
- Good eye-care: Natural light, no frequent flash, no dizzy light, no shadow.
- Flexible gooseneck design helps users to adjust the direction and angle of light.
- USB Rechargeable
- Energy saving
- Pen container
- Light Source Type: LED
- Material: ABS+PMMA+Metal
- Rated Voltage: 3.7V/18650/1200/mAh
- Rated Power: 3W
- Luminance: 350lm
- Weight: 0.55 Pounds
- Color Temperature: 3000-5000K
- Charging time: 2-3hours
- Dimensions: 3.9 x4.3 x16.1inch
Cyezcor LED desk lamp is used for industrial design. The body is made of silver metal aluminum with three flexible joints (possibly rotated at different angles). It is able to adjust 2-3 different shapes; so, it is suitable for the display on the desk.
- The light is able to adjust three sources including white, warm, and natural with five brightness levels.
- USB powered: The screen light can be turned on by connecting USB ports to devices such as a display, laptop, mobile power supply or a mobile phone charger
- Low Energy Consumption
- Sliver/ Modern
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 17.79 x 8.03 x 2.04 inches
- Material: Metal
- Voltage: 5 Volts
- Light Source Type: LED
- Power Source: Corded Electric
Minus points: Compared with other lamps from plastic material, this lamp may be heavier.
Why do we need to choose a suitable desk lamp for kids?
Working in a dark environment for long hours may cause damage and stress to the eyes. It leads to headaches or migraines in the future. Similarly, irregular sleeping patterns or impairing productivity for your body can be caused by excessive exposure to bright lamps. Recent research has shown that the epidemic of short-sightedness has been primarily due to the use of artificial lights for long hours in the western world. So, it’s easy to see that most people are searching for a desk lamp that doesn’t harm their eyes.
How to choose the best kid lamps?
To choose a suitable desk lamp for kids, we will have to consider the perfect size, style, features, and type that suits the user’s preferences, needs, and room. Therefore, we can divide into three groups of selection criteria to look for buying the right one.
Nowadays, we usually use LED lights more than incandescent light bulbs due to many benefits. When choosing a desk lamp for kids, we should note the desk table’s size that has to be proportionate. There are many types of desk lamps such as gooseneck lamps, clip-on lamps, adjustable arm lamps that would be most suitable for using purposes.
The desk lamps are used to light up a particular area either for reading or even decorative purposes; they could be used to beautify your kids’ desk. Depending on the different using purposes, the parents will choose desk lamps for kids that have one or more features suitable for their intended use.
The desk lamp varies in brightness and light power. Also, the buyers need to take note of the color temperature of lamps as follows:
- Color temperature of 2200-2700k is seen to be very warm white.
- Color temperature of 4000-5500k is seen to be very cool white.
If you want a desk lamp to read, opt for 4000k and above lighting because it prevents eye strain, but if you want a desk lamp that will illuminate or decorate your room, because it is relaxing, choose a desk lamp with a warm color temperature.
Best kid desk lamps FAQs
What desk lamp is the best for the eyes?
Without sacrificing quality and design, a few tips will help you pick out the right desk lamp for your eyes.
Shaded Lamp Desk
Lamps with composite shades or fabrics diffuse the light smoothly, which in turn spreads the brightness, thus reducing the desk lamp’s harsh glare. The lower the contrast between light from the screen and the source of light itself, the better for your eyes.
Desk Lamp LED
For those who spend long hours reading or working with a lamp, LEDs are a great choice. Many LED lamps incorporate natural luminosity that has a beneficial effect on one’s health.
Why do we need to use LED lights?
- Save money and energy
- Longer lifespan
- Environment friendly
- Comes in different variant: different shapes, sizes and specifications depending on using purposes.
Desktop Lamps vs. Clip on Lamps
A desktop lamp is a significant component of every setup in the workplace. A desktop lamp has a definite function, as it is used in computer work, typing, or studying for light tasks.
On a desk, desktop lamps are positioned and attached to a nearby piece of furniture. They tend to be more functional and are commonly made from metal or plastic. But bending easily to several different positions is often cleverly designed so that the light source can be adjusted at an angle that matches the individual working.
When you aim to have a clear surface and maximize space, while also having to illuminate your space, clip-on lamps are the best. At the edge of your desk, it can be positioned and provide light at a certain distance. A strong clamp that will keep the device in place often comes with it.
Touch Lamps vs. Pull Chain Lamps
A touch lamp is a light that doesn’t have an external switch to turn it on and off. Without touching any aspect of the lamp at all, it can be switched on.
Pull chain lamps are lamps that turn off and on with the pull of a chain. Its power configuration is the only distinction between the pull chain lamp and the touch lamp. You simply tug on the chain to rotate through the degree of brightness that is right for you to change the brightness of pull chain lamps. However, some pull chain lamps come with light only, so you pull the chain once to switch it on and once to switch it off.