What is a best LED desk lamp? To answer this question, it always comes to how the light of that lamp takes care of our eyes and then how it functions and appears in your house.
Let us help you to look over some types of LED desk lamps that will help you to reduce eye fatigue. Moreover, it will become a small piece of art of both architecture and technology in your house, make your desk become one of the favorite locations where you get work done. Let us help you to seize out some of the best LED desk lamp available in the current market.
Top 5 best LED desk lamp for your consideration
- Eye-friendliness: this is a desk lamp from TaoTronics which will take care your eyes with gentle light.
- Flexibility: there are many varieties of angles for you to choose from. The head of the lamp could be tilted up to 135 degrees and swiveled up to 90 degrees. The base could be tilted up to 150 degrees and swiveled to 45 degrees.
- Lighting function: it has 5 color modes and 7 levels of brightness controlled by a Touch pad.
- Energy efficiency: save your electricity bill up to 75% compared to traditional lights. Could light up your room constantly within 5 – 6 years.
- Extra-conveniences: includes a built-in USB port charge and you could charge your phone without affecting the lighting quality.
- Appearance: there are 4 types of colors for you to choose from: black, black wood grain with metal shade and white, white wood grain with metal shade. Suitable for every modern house and office.
- Basic specs: operating voltage: DC 10V/1.2A; USB output: 5A/1A. Power voltage: 100V – 240V. Lumens: 410 lm. Full range CCT (correlated color temperature): 2700K – 6000K. One package includes 1 lamp, 1 power adapter, 1 user guide, and a cleaning cloth.
- Value-to-money: acceptable price with a metal design.
- The flexibility is not quite as expected the lamp head could swivel 90 degrees.
- Eye-friendliness: you can enjoy flickering-free light with this lamp, which will help your eyes endure a long time of working, studying, or even reading.
- Flexibility: the goose-neck design makes it very flexible. You could easily change the directions of the light forward or backward or regulating the height of the lamp without affecting the firm base of the lamp.
- Lighting function: there are 5 color modes for you to choose. You could both enjoy the yellow pleasant color of the traditional incandescent light or the white light of the CFLs (Compact fluorescent lamps). There are also 7 levels of brightness. You could adjust color brightness just with one simple touch.
- Energy efficiency: up to 50,000 hours which is equal to around 6 years of use without having to think about a replacement.
- Extra-conveniences: there is a built-in USB charging port where you could use to charge your smartphone or other devices. Also, the memory function helps create quick access by remembering the last used mode and brightness.
- Appearance: with cool metallic black color, it fits every modern housing design whether it is an office desk or a bedside desk.
- Basic specs: weight: 1.19 pounds. Dimensions: 11.02 x 3.9 x 14.17 inches. Lumens: 386 lm. CCT: 3000 – 6500K. Power source: 100V/7W. The package includes 1 desk lamp, 1 power adapter, and 1 user guide.
- Value-to-money: a very good price based on the divided fixed cost (not counting for electric cost): you need to pay less than $5 per year!
- There is no USB cap going with the lamp, only a direct charger. This is a very basic lamp without updating the latest technology and design but the price is really great!
- Eye-friendliness: with flickering-free lighting and auto-timer, this lamp is even suitable for lighting near the bed for the reading of your kid.
- Flexibility: this lamp is in linear shape and the bulb is connected to the body by the fitting joints where you could move the bulb up and down. It could be foldable and become a tiny package if you need to move it anywhere.
- Lighting function: there are up to 25 choices for you with 5 color modes and 5 levels of brightness and controlled by sensitive touch function. It is also free of glare on your screen, which is worth the name of “eye-caring” for this item.
- Energy efficiency: up to 50,000 hours or nearly 6 years of lifespan.
- Extra-conveniences: features a wireless charging pad in the front and a charging port in the back. Especially, I am sure it will impress you by the auto-timer function where you can make a turn off automatically in 30 or 60 minutes. Thus, you could fall into your sleep without any worry.
- Appearance: with a very slim linear shape, it could create a huge glow without taking too much space in your house. The very modern looking also lights up your busy and active life.
- Basic specs: item weight: 1 pound. Package dimensions: 17 x 4.6 x 2 inches. Power source: DC. Adapter voltage: 5V. Power voltage: 100V – 240V. The package includes 1 table lamp, 1 USD cable and 1 adapter, and 1 user guide.
- Value-to-money: a very acceptable price with a multifunctional LED lamp.
- The charging function may not be consistent when time goes by. Test all the functions and contact the trader/manufacturer for a recall.
- Eye-friendliness: very eye-caring light without flickering beam or any glare on your screen.
- Flexibility: you could adjust the lamp head up to 140 degrees and swivel the base at 180 degrees to get a bigger illumination.
- Lighting function: there are 4 modes of light colors and 5 settings of brightness controlled by sensitive touch.
- Energy efficiency: the lifespan of most Taotronics LED lamps is from 5 to 6 years.
- Extra-conveniences: there is a USB port for charging and an auto timer of 60 minutes so that if you fall asleep under the lamp, it will not harm your electricity bill.
- Appearance: this is a modern, sleek lamp. You could also fold it down and it becomes unnoticeable in your space. You could even put it in your suitcase to travel and work with the light easily.
- Basic specs: operating voltage 12V/1.5A. Power voltage: 100V – 240V. Lumen: 530 lm. Full range CCT: 2000 – 5500K. One box includes one lamp, 1 power adapter, 1 user guide, and 1 clean cloth.
- Value-to-money: rather good deal for under $50 lamp with good lighting function and some extras.
- If you could rotate the lamp head, it will be easier for choosing a suitable angle.
- Eye-friendliness: this lamp brings soft light and glare-free illumination.
- Flexibility: the lamp head can tilt up to 145 degrees and rotate 120 degrees meanwhile the lamp base can both tilt and swivel 90 degrees.
- Lighting function: it delights you away with 5 modes of color shades and 6 levels of brightness.
- Energy efficiency: its lifespan could last from 5 – 6 years.
- Extra-conveniences: there is a USB port plus a 60-minute auto-timer and memory function.
- Appearance: a stylish and modern-looking lamp. It is made of aluminum alloy coated with anti-scratches to make the sleek looking last longer.
- Basic specs: operating voltage: 12V/2A, USB port 5V/2A, power voltage: 100V – 240V. Lumens: 600lm. CCT: 2700K – 6500K. One box includes 1 desk lamp, 1 power adapter, 1 user guide, and 1 cleaning cloth.
- Value-to-money: a rather good price for a beautiful and strong design.
There may be some noise from the bottom of the touchpad as this electronic device is heated up, which your kids will easily detect. Thus, it is not quite suitable to put it near your kid’s bedside.
Top 6: NovoLido LED Desk Lamp
- Eye-friendliness: this mini lamp features rechargeable function and eye protection.
- Flexibility: it has a gooseneck and the 3600 flexible metal hold that makes the lamp head could be rotated or stretched in any direction.
- Lighting function: there are two color modes: 2800 – 3200K for warm light and daylight 6500 – 8500K. the brightness level is controlled duration of your touch. There is a memory function to assist you in remembering the best color and brightness mode for your quick access. The battery is a back-up plan for an unexpected electric shut-down.
- Extra-conveniences: it includes a penholder/smartphone holder and there is also a USB port with blue light is on when using.
- Appearance: it looks cute and elegant in white color. It is very suitable for a student’s room or a dormitory room.
- Basic specs: weight: 12.3 ounces. Dimensions: 4.3 x 4.7 x 16.9 inches.
- Value-to-money: acceptable price for a lamp in the cheap category.
- It takes up to 3 hours to be fully charged.
- To protect battery life, you should charge it when the light is dim or when being unused for 2 months. Each time of charging should last 3 hours.
- You have to turn on the switch at the bottom of the lamp to start using it.
- Eye-friendliness: using a uniform, soft and flicker-free lightening technology, this lamp could dramatically reduce your eye fatigue even for a long time of use.
- Flexibility: you could rotate the arm up to 180 degrees and the base also could be swiveled up to 90 degrees.
- Lighting function: there are 4 lighting color shades as well as up 7 levels of brightness to satisfy your needs of studying, sleeping, relaxing, and reading.
- Extra-conveniences: it has a USB charging port and a one-hour auto timer which is really suitable to be set up near your bedside. Especially, the manufacturer commits a lifetime warranty and replacement – it is no joke!
- Appearance: a modern-looking lamp with a metallic silver coat.
- Basic specs: weight: 1.75 pounds and dimensions: 12.6 x 7 x 17.7 inches. Power source: 100V – 240V. Lumens: 400 lm. CCT: 2800K – 5500K. One package includes 1 lamp, 1 power adapter, and 1 installation instruction.
- Value-to-money: a quite good price for a lamp with many lightning modes and extras.
- Going with the cheap price usually means the flaw somewhere. This lamp is not an exception. The coating technology is not complete so be careful to not let it strip or fall down.
- Moreover, there is no power supply and you should buy at the local stores.
- Eye-friendliness: you could enjoy flicker-free, non-ghosting, and eco-friendly anti-blue light with this lamp.
- Flexibility: you could rotate 350 degrees and tilt up 180 degrees at the neck of the headlamp. At the connection with the base, it also could be swiveled 40 degrees so that a variety of different angles and directions can be reached.
- Lighting function: there are 50 options of lighting, which are created from 5 modes of lighting shades and 10 levels of brightness (brightness step-up level is 10%).
- Extra-conveniences: memory function gives you quick access to the color and brightness mode you desire.
- Appearance: it is an elegant design with a round lamp head and round base in a strong aluminum-alloy body and luxury black or white color.
- Basic specs: Power voltage: 100V – 240V. Lumens: 820 lm. CCT: 3000 – 6000K. Item weight: 1.14 pounds. Product dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 16.92 inches. One package includes 1 lamp, 1 adapter, and 1 installation instruction.
- Value-to-money: one of the most beautiful lamps among below $30 category.
- This is a basic lamp without a timer or USB port as extra conveniences, however, the brightness range is awesome. Besides, with the lowest color temperature, you will find it just warm but not cozy enough.
How to choose a best LED desk lamp?
To answer that big question, you should ask yourself at least 3 small questions as below:
- What will I use the lamp mainly for? Working, studying, or reading?
- Where I will place my desk lamp? Bedside, workstation, or guest room?
- Which desk lamp will fit my house/office style?
The first question to clarify the main purpose of using the lamp. If the lamp does not have warm enough light shade and auto-timer, you may not want it near the bedside. On the other hand, you may need a lamp with good daylight and or cool white color at your office. After answering the third question, you could filter the lamps by their appearances. If the lamp is in a linear shape, it should fit with a modern house. If the lamp is in a circular shape, it could fit your old-fashioned architectural style. And you may want a student lamp if you stay in a dorm.
After clarifying your needs with those 3 questions, continue to align the suitable lamp with your budget and choose among the best.
FAQs about the best desk lamp
What is temperature color?
Temperature color is a measurement method to describe the tone of the light. Its measurement unit is Kevin (K) and ranges from 1000 to 10,000. The normal lighting falls somewhere from 2000 to 6500K.
A light bulb is heated by a metal object inside and base on the temperature, the glow will be blue, yellow, or white, etc. This is called correlated color temperature (CCT) and is the basis of all the normal light bulbs.
Which temperature color will be suitable for a desk lamp?
If CCT is around 2700K, the lighting ambiance will be cozy and inviting. If CCT is around 3000K (warm white), the ambiance is warm and welcoming. If CCT is around 5000K, the light tone is falling on daylight shade (cool white) and the ambiance is mellow and invigorating.
Thus, a good desk lamp should have CCT from 2700K to 6000K and have full ranges of color shades.