The best reading headlamps are essential devices when doing bedtime reading. It is able to deliver warm and bright light that can illuminate all of your pages. Or you can use a reading headlamp outdoor, which is able to brighten up your maps or roads. However, the wrong choice of reading headlamp will lead to hotspots in the middle of your reading surfaces or glares in line with your eyes.
Therefore, we are about to incorporate the following top 5 of the best reading headlamps to help you pick up your favorites when solving your reading lighting issues.
- 1 Top 5 Best Reading Headlamps For Your Need
- 2 What are the things you need to remember when buying a reading headlamp?
- 3 Best Reading Headlamps FAQs
Top 5 Best Reading Headlamps For Your Need
The first item comes from the Gearlight brand. There are some outstanding features as follows.
- Super bright and long-lasting: With daylight color and definition, the strong premium LED produces a brilliant spotlight. On low visibility, it will last up to 45 hours and on high brightness, up to 3 hours. 3 AAA batteries are required to run this item, which is not included in the purchase price.
- Lightweight and comfortable: A headlamp is the same as a companion for athletes and outdoor explorers, which only weighs 1.8 oz (3 oz with batteries). The headband is removable, washable, and flexible, that suits adults and children alike.
- Temperature- resistant and shock-resistant: The S500 headlamp is ideal for rain or snow, indoors or outside, and is water-resistant and drop tested to survive extreme environments. This item is suitable for running, camping, fishing, climbing, backpacking, shooting, or bike gear.
- Pivoting head and 7 modes of display: You can pivot 45 degrees with it. Even in small quarters, this adjustable headlight allows you the ability to direct light precisely where you need it. Besides, with 7 lighting modes, you can easily select. Small, medium, strong, and strobe are the four levels of the white beam. Low, SOS, and strobe are the three levels of the red beam.
- Extra-conveniences: This product sells 2 headlamps that are bundled in a kit. You can keep one in your car and one at home, or give one to a friend or family member as a present.
- Some people just wish to have more strong red light, however, I do not use red light very often so it is OK for me.
This headlamp has the Elmchee brand. Let’s explore some standout traits as follows.
- Hand-free: With this item, you can have a secure, hands-free led headlight to brighten up your world, leaving you free to work, read, and discover whenever and wherever you desire.
- 8 working modes with 6 LED bulbs: This LED headlight is ready to respond to a wide spectrum of illumination requirements. By pressing the key light, you can set up the color mode. For main light modes, there are 4 main light modes including high, low, all, and SOS strobe. You can also reach the auxiliary light mode by clicking the 4 seconds mode button while the light is on. You may then pick a high beam, medium beam, red beam, and SOS strobe. Especially, when using the headlight at night, the battery box for the headlight has a red protective taillight on the rear. This safety tail light will glow when the switch is switched on, providing cover for your safety.
- Rechargeable and long-lasting: The 1500mAh Li-polymer battery of high quality and 6 ultra-bright LEDs help to glow better, brighter, and longer. 6 LED lights have a lifespan of over 100,000 hours. There should be no worries for you to alter them.
- Waterproof: This headlight is IPX4 waterproof, snow-proof, dust-proof, and shockproof as it is made of aluminum alloy and ABS rubber. You don’t have any nervousness about it getting affected if you use it in a wet, snowy, or sandstorm climate. The shock-proof reliability is also good. Thus, when you race outside, you don’t care about it crashing.
- Flexibility: The light head rotates flexibly by 90 degrees, allowing bright light to hit various angles and ranges such that the need for different lighting conditions is adequate. Besides, the cotton braid headlight band is elastic and flexible, convenient, and comfortable to use.
- The ease of charge and powerfulness: Two rechargeable batteries and a USB cable are supplied with this headlight. It is used for a number of charging devices, such as a laptop, power bank, power socket, etc. When using the headlight, make sure there are two batteries in the battery case. When the headlight is charged, the red light is upon the charging port. When the headlight is fully charged, a green light will illuminate the charging port. If you are not going to use the device for a long time, you should take the batteries outside.
- One-year warranty: Without customer satisfaction, the manufacturer will offer a full refund. In this case, the consumer will get a full refund or free change.
- Due to the bulk of 6 LED lights in the forehead, it looks a little bit bulky. However, if the brightness is the 1st priority, this lamp is still a good choice.
Each product or brand has its own features. Let’s take a look at the awesome features of the lamp from the Goforwild brand as follows!
- Ultra-bright is the first awesome feature. With 500 lumens Cree LED, class-leading illumination offers five lighting modes. A 45° revolving enclosure is an out-layer for intense white and red lights to ensure good visibility in the dark. The inbuilt SOS and strobe modes are set for safety features.
- Featuring the motion sensor: By simply waving your hand under the movement sensor mode to turn it on or off, you can operate the headlamp. It was developed with the intention of preventing unintended eye contact with another human.
- Lightweight and comfortable are the next features. It is matched with running because of a lightweight below 3.5 oz. In addition, the headband is adjustable and has an elastic ergonomic nature, resulting in fit yet comfortable long-wearing.
- High-capacity battery for easy charging: The USB cable facilitates direct charging. The built-in rechargeable battery provides high brightness consumption per charge for over 2.5 hours (500 lumens white light mode).
- The motion sensor is not convenient as expected because its flashes back your eyes with very strong light.
Different from other items, this item is a neck lamp coming from the Ledgle brand. We run through some remarkable points as follows.
- Three customizable luminosities: Namely, the warm white offers 3,000k for the floodlight. The daylight white offers 6,500K for the spotlight. The natural white offers 4,000K for a mix. Due to a range of color temperature from 3,000K to 6,500K, this neck lamp has different lighting levels (including warm white, natural white, and daylight white). It is easy to achieve the optimum light for reading in bed or in the car. It also protects your eyes and satisfies your numerous requirements for illumination.
- Flexible arms: It is not necessary to keep a flashlight in your hand or to carry a headlamp on your head. The adjustable hug light for the neckband helps you to pick the right angle of illumination in various conditions.
- Rechargeable: You won’t ever spend money on batteries because it’s made with a rechargeable 850MAH LI-ION battery. This battery has a 50,000-hour life cycle, enabling you to use your wireless for up to 6-10 hours of reading time. It comes with a standard micro USB charging cord.
- Portable and lightweight: To free your hands, you may wear it around your neck; it is also incredibly comfortable and practical. The LED book light does not need a lot of space and can comfortably put in your luggage. It is a perfect option in all respects.
- Battery life usually lasts for around 6 – 8 hours after a full charge so it is not a strong point of this lamp but it is still acceptable.
Similar to the fourth item, this neck lamp also comes from the Ledgle brand. Let’s find out some standout attributes as follows.
- 4 LEDs and 3 levels of luminosity: Each arm has two LEDs, which are one spotlight and one wide-angle LED. The roles on each side are the same. Besides, although there are three levels of luminosity from 6,500K to 7,000K, this color temperature proves that there are not really different lighting levels (only daylight white) compared with the fourth item.
- Rechargeable: You won’t ever spend money on batteries because it’s made with a rechargeable 650MAH LI-ION battery. This battery has a 50,000-hour life cycle The battery takes just 2.5 hours to fully charge with the built-in lithium battery which can last up to 6-8 hours at maximum brightness and 10 hours at average brightness. Due to the smaller battery capacity (650MAH LI-ION), this neck lamp is using less time than its fourth item.
- Flexible, bendable, with strong arms: They also help you to pick the best lighting angle in various conditions.
- Compact and lightweight: It is incredibly comfortable and practical to wear around your neck to free your hands. The LED book Light does not take up a lot of room and can comfortably blend into your luggage. In any way, it is the right choice for you.
- Wide application: It is good for indoor and outdoor activities such as reading, night jogging and mending, blogging, and working, etc. Light makes for free hands when doing something.
- This lamp offers only cool white light at high color temperature (6500K – 7000K) so there is no choice of warm daylight available.
What are the things you need to remember when buying a reading headlamp?
Nowadays, there are many reading headlamp models on the market. Therefore, to choose the best reading headlamp for yourself, you should consider the three significant factors below.
The first considered factor is design and construction. Headlamps are the first thing you can care about if you are doing something energetic that does not require a bicycle or car. It should be convenient, comparatively light, and durable for a quality headlamp. Also, it should provide a sufficient amount of light for your needs. For most uses, a headlamp with 100 to 150 lumens should suffice, but for nighttime tasks including scrambling and route-finding, a headlamp with 300 lumens or more might be needed. Besides, you should take a look at the IPX rating, or ingress safety rating, if you want to know how waterproof a headlamp is. From 1 (some water resistance) to 8, it’s a scale of how waterproof electronics are (totally waterproof). For rainstorms, IPX 4 is more than sufficient, but if you’re traveling on water, you will want a higher ranking.
The second considered factor is battery life. Many headlamps run on batteries that are AAA or AA. USB headlamps are usually lighter and have a shorter run time, but they are perfect for those who run in the mornings or evenings many days per week because headlamps are rechargeable. Some headlamps are compatible with both AAA and AA batteries. Various headlamps will carry a charge for anywhere from a few to a few hundred hours. Besides, you should be mindful that most headlamps can drain their charge up to four times faster in the brightest mode.
The last considered factor is the features of headlamps. The features of each headlamp differ. One of the most useful modes is the red-light mode. Overnight campers can love the red light because it is much easier for things like reading a map or cooking over a stove. It holds the battery alive longer as well. In emergency mode, the headlamp shines like a strobe to signal rescuers. Many LED headlamps have high and low modes, which are good for battery savings. There are also adjustable beams and adjustable power levels in certain headlamps.
Best Reading Headlamps FAQs
What are the styles of reading headlamps?
The first type is neck lamps. All the headlamps have a hand-free feature, but the silicon material is the region where the headlights glow with the neck embrace. These illumination series are dominant in indoor reading or nighttime bedroom reading, despite not being waterproof. They have a rechargeable battery built-in, which saves you money on battery replacements. The silicon arms can be positioned at any angle.
The second type is a headlamp with headbands. The lumen output of these headlamps is often greater than that of neck lamps. Due to the waterproof function, outdoor lighting is one of their uses. However, some of these lamps are rechargeable, although some of them are not.
What kind of bulbs do headlamps and neck lamps require?
Many people prefer LED light bulbs over other types of bulbs because they are less costly and more energy effective than other types of bulbs. As a result, LED light bulbs are cost-effective and popular.
What is the color temperature?
Color temperature is a way for a light bulb to explain the light appearance produced. On a scale of 1,000 to 10,000, it is measured in degrees Kelvin (K). Usually, Kelvin temperatures are in the range of 2,000K to 6,500K for commercial and residential lighting applications. The color temperature of a light bulb lets us know what the look and feel of the light produced are going to be. A light bulb’s color temperature is determined by its correlated color temperature (CCT).